I'm Single and I'm Happy

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Adobo Went Wrong

Cha, Lai and I met for dinner the other day just to unwind after having a stressful day. We all wanted rice and upon further discussion we decided to have pork barbeque to go with it. I reminded Cha about the place near her office but because we took a wrong turn somewhere along Washington we ended up at a restaurant that specializes in adobo, or so they claim. It was an easy choice for me, I had their "adobo diablo" a spicy pork adobo while Lai had "adobo sa gata" which later turned out to be a copycat of chicken curry. It was Cha, our resident cook and master chef of adobo who was having a hard time deciding on what to have. Finally she ordered the only non-adobo meat dish in the list ~ pork barbeque.

Verdict? We are not returning to sample their other abodo versions that's for sure. The food was too salty and even their dalandan juice and cold green tea tasted like medicine. The only thing that made our day was the ice cream stick we had after. Just your regular ice drop that we use to enjoy as kids. I had a mango with big chunks of sweet ripe mangoes; Cha had a buko (young coconut) ice drop with red mongo on top of the stick. I forgot to ask Lai if her avocado stick was good. Now these I can have everyday for the rest of the summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Worst thing about eating bad food is if you have to pay for it!!!.. Like what me and my sister always say.. definitely a "no next time" place. ^^

At least the ice cream was good.. man i wished I can have some now.. but i'm on a diet... again.. ^^

Feliss..

1:31 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Hi Feliss,

You're on a diet, good luck to you then. I rarely succeed in keeping the weight I loss everytime I have that "diet" phase.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so far.. I've going to the gym.. been 2 weeks now.. let see how much longer it will last.. ^^ Like you.. I have problem keeping my "diet" promise. ekekekekek ^^

Feliss.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter