I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

One Happy Mom

It's been more than a week since my last entry so let me get started with a good news. My daughter Mae finished 3rd in her year level (2nd year h.s.) last Thursday.

We were supposed to be at the venue by 8:00 am, we were just in time until we were stopped at the gate fronting the Philippine Army Officers Club the venue for their Recognition Day. The guard on duty told us that the entrance is close to traffic and that we should turn back and take the main gate a block away. Because we are running out of time my mom said that we should just pay the cab and just walk to the venue since we are already in front of the gate. Never did we thought that they won't allow even people to pass by, oh bummer! We ended up walking three blocks with the sun beating down our backs. Not my type of exercise that's for sure.


The awarding for both the elementary and high school students were combined so by the time that she was called it was already 11:00 am not that I'm complaining because it was worth the wait.
Suddenly all the hard work of making ends meet so she can have the best education was oh so worth it. If only I can scrape more to pay for another year, keeping my fingers crossed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You should be proud! The two of you look a lot alike. Good genes run in your family that's for sure.

Kim ^^

9:26 PM  
Blogger Katleen said...

one proud MAMA!!!~ congrats to your baby!!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

2:41 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Kim,

We look alike? I think you are one of the few ones who said that. Most of the time she is mistaken for a niece, and one time just a neighbor because of our different facial features.

9:30 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Kai & Feliss,

Thanks for the greetings.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really think the two of you look alike. Similar nose, cheekbone and eyes. I would say you look more like sisters than mother and daughter but certainly a resemblence.

Kim ^^

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter