I'm Single and I'm Happy

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hail To The Globe

I watched the replay of the 64nd Golden Globe Awards last night. What could go wrong with my fave George Clooney being first to present an award.

Now for my fave moments. Hugh Laurie, Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Drama Series for "House, M.D." For someone who did not prepare an acceptance speech, he did an awesome job of making us laugh with jokes done in his trademark acerbic sense of humor.

Meryl Streep praised her colleagues, playfully dissed costar Stanley Tucci and—channeling her Prada-clad character—silenced a heckler grumbling about the length of her speech with a blunt, "Oh, shut up. It's not that long."
I love the tribute Tom Hanks gave to Warren Beatty, the recipient of the Cecil B. DeMille award for lifetime achievement, “What balls this man has,” Hanks said, citing Beatty’s work. “And by ‘balls,’ I mean artistic vision.” Yeah sure we got the joke Mr. Hanks, even Annette Benning had a few good laugh too.

Now I have to hand it to Sacha Baron Cohen of Borat for making the weirdest acceptance speech I have ever listened. “I saw some dark parts of America, an ugly side of America, a side of America that rarely sees the light of day. I refer, of course, to the anus and testicles of my co-star, Ken Davitian.” After which he proceed “When I was in that scene, and I stared down and saw your two wrinkled Golden Globes on my chin, I thought to myself, I’d better win a bloody award for this.” And still he continued “And then when my 300-pound co-star decided to sit on my face and squeeze the oxygen from my lungs, I was faced with a choice. Death, or to breathe in the air that had been trapped in a small pocket between his buttocks for 30 years. Kenneth, if it was not for that rancid bubble, I would not be here today.” He made too many references to the genitalia of his co-star he had to rush with his real thank you speech with music already playing in the background.

For my worst dress, I have to go with Cameron Diaz. Girl I don't care if you are wearing Valentino, that gown has too much of everything...ruffles, bows and ribbons all in one dress spells disaster.


And for my best dress, it Eva Longoria. Love the intricate details of her navy Ungaro gown. It accentuates her curves and makes her look taller.

photo credits: eonline.com and
golden globes official website

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cameron Diaz does look bad in that dress.. too much going on. To think she should look her best since her ex-bf was there.. oh well... bad job with her stylist that's for sure...

Beyonce's dress was also "over the top" for the golden globe!!

Feliss.. ^^

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Hugh Laurie. Probably because I'm a big fan of House, MD. I haven't watch American drama for a long time but House is one of a few I actually do try to catch whenever it's on. If only they would air all the new episodes at once instead of always playing rerun, it'll be even better.

Kim ^^

12:11 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

I was expecting Cameron will make more effort with her choice of gown since I'm sure she's not lacking in selection. With Boyonce, what can I say, when will she stop wearing momma's designs for her.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess Cameron wanted to look different and failed in the attempt. Whoever told her she looks good in that gown was definitely pulling a trick on her.

Beyounce, oh well, another way to make money but showchasing their own design.

Kim ^^

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter