I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Scattered Thoughts #3

Happy New Year, Happy Epithany and all the other celebrations that I've missed when I wasn't online to everyone! I swear I intended to post my greetings at the start of the year but my server won't allow me to do so. Still better late than never right.

Four pounds and one inch bigger from all those sinful food that I ate during the holidays, I'm now trying to be a good girl by eating right starting yesterday. I was thankful for those pounds I shed when I was sick a month ago or else I'll be having a hard time fitting into my clothes.

I just had a massage last Saturday to releave me of my aches and pains from making (halayang ube) yams for christmas and new year. Thank God I'm only obliged to make them during the christmas holidays because it's very tiring to make. A batch of five kilos takes me about six hours to make, from boiling and grating the yams to stirring them continously in a mixture of coconut milk, condensed milk and sugar until they are so thick you can't hardly take them off the wok. Talk about labor of love.

I did watch another filmfest entry, Mano Po 5. A movie about the love between a chinese lead character falling for a filipino guy. I've enjoyed the first and second installment but the latest saga was too bland for me storywise. The veteran actors did a good job but in the end it's the movie showcasing the country's hottest young stars and acting wise they have a long way to go.

Did another marathon watching during the holidays, these time it's Forbidden Love (korean drama) starring Jo Hyun-jae and Kim Tae-Hee. It's about a nine tailed fox (KTH) warrior falling for an ordinary mortal (JHJ) and the complications of their relationship. The story was engaging enough though the first scene was gory, the nine tailed foxes eats human liver to survive. Now I know why my good friend Charity fell for the second lead Junjin, he looks good and his character was so ideal for a boyfriend.

Then last weekend it was a Taiwanese drama "It Started With A Kiss" that had me glued to the screen. I'm not usually fond of love stories where the lead actors are in their teens but I'm making an exception on these one. The actors are so cute together (talk about chemistry) and the supporting cast are funny too. The only letdown was the poor english subtitle, sometimes even the names of the cast were translated literally but whose complaining when I just borrowed the copy, I can no longer wait for the local dubbed broadcast to finish, I had to know how it ends.

Now it's back to work for me ~ shala!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It Started with a Kiss!!! I really like that drama because the chemistry between the two lead are really good!!! I love his mom and the support case are also really good!!!! I downloaded a really good version from d-addicts with really good English sub... The quality is really good too so if you are looking to rewatch, go check it out from d-addicts!! ^^

4 lbs is nothing since you lost weight prior to it!! Just don't keep gainning weight OK!! ekekekek Poor me been gainning weight since I got married a year ago and already bought a lot of new clothes.. =( I really should start exercising......

Feliss.. ^^

7:53 PM  
Blogger Shells Bells said...

Happy New Years Marissa I hope this year brings you a lot of wonderfulness :)

8:39 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Really? I never knew d-addicts has a good english sub of the drama will go check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Now I'm paranoid about my weight. I check my inch loss every morning and my weight every week.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!! The one that said English hardsub is the one you want. It's in bitcomet format though. I actually upload a few episode for some ppl. so let me email what I upload so you don't have to do it via bitcomet for the frist few episode. The only problem. it's a really big file. 700 MB so be ready!!!!..

Feliss... ^^

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the drama "It started with a kiss". Just a simple love story but it get you laughing like crazy.

Like Feliss, I've put on quite a bit of weight as well. Really going to take me years to get rid of it and that's a depressing thought.

Kim ^^

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter