I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Voltes Christmas Party

Last weekend was blocked in my calendar for the christmas party of "Voltes" so Charity and I rushed to do some shopping friday night to buy the ingredients for Cha's baked macaroni and my chicken macaroni salad (yes it's a macaroni festival), had dinner then rushed home to start prepping the ingredients. A few hours after, I took a shower and promised to wake up early because the girls will fetch me before lunch. Maybe I was too tired from all the walking I did that week combined to with my body clock used to waking up late during weekends that I ended up over sleeping. I was in panic mode, skipped breakfast and immediately started cooking the pasta and the chicken while preparing the other ingredients. I was so concentrated on what I was doing that I forgot that I promised to cook some fish for lunch...thank God for canned goods. I did finish everything, had a quick shower just before Cha, Lai and Ditchi fetched me.

I knew it was going to be a fun day but never did I imagine that we'll have something to laugh about immediately upon our arrival. See, I never took notice of the bellboy who was assisting us until Charity signalled for me to take charge of the tip. Holy Molly, he's got the looks of a korean movie star with a killer smile to boot! We had a laughing fit after he left because apparently I was the only one not aware of him. My companions were already stealing glances the whole time we were at the car park and at the elevator.


took some self portraits while waiting for the others to arrive

The rest of the gang came soon after ~ Pau bought our fave puto and kutchinta from Malolos, Bulacan while Janice andTita Susan surprised us with her potato salad. Lou who made a grand entrace and Flor came in later in the evening. We did our usual exchange of stories while watching clips of Rain and Daniel Henney's guesting in Heroine 6 (korean gameshow).


What's a christmas party without singing and dancing especially for us music loving friends. There was no need to force anyone of us to sing, just cue in the music and we'll start performing never mind if the people from the condo accross our's can see what we're doing. I never knew just how beautiful Pau and Lai's singing voices were until they did a duet on a couple of christmas songs. Indeed I was too mesmerised I forgot to record their songs on my mobile phone. Our baby, Lou did not want to be left behind and sang "Christmas In Our Hearts" then we all shake our booties as we sang "Last Christmas". Soon enough all that exercise made us hungry so we ate our dinner with gusto. Then it was back to watching dvd's and exchanging stories while drinking some wine. Gifts were also exchanged (thanks Janice, Pau and Cha) as we watch the finale of "Pinoy Dream Academy". We all slept late good thing Tita Susan woke up early to cook our breakfast.


It's time for some production number to add spice to our evening.

I'm really blessed that I have friends who find joy in simple things, after all Christmas is not about how expensive the gifts we receive but just the time spent together to assure one another that you are special and loved.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Marissa! I really miss reading about you gals!! Like always, it look so much FUN!!!! Good food, music, singing, and most importantly great friends equal a successful gathering once again.. ^^

Tell Charity that I can see her wearing boxer!!! ^^

Happy Holidays!!!

Feliss..

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to read this. Been a long long time and I see you gals are having a blast as always. Can't go wrong with good food, good music and good company. A great combination all in all.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Kim ^^

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter