I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Scattered Thoughts #4

My still unstable network connection is prompting me to compress my blog entries into just one entry so bear with me dear readers as I rant about my week starting last friday.

I postponed buying a bottle of Tanduay for my fave uncle till the last hour because I assumed I can get it from the supermarket near my office but boy was I wrong. The wine store inside Landmark ran out of stock but I just shrugged my shoulder, there's still Rustan's Winery and SM Wine Section, just a few minutes walk from my first destination. But after going to those two places and getting the same reply I was getting nervous. Did everyone in the city suddenly had a craving for Tanduay Rhum making the popular liquior unavailable just when I needed it. I was running late for a meeting with friends so I decided to check out the other wine stores tomorrow morning and just beg Charity to pick it up before heading for the airport for her trip to Australia. Good thing we decided to pass-by Timog because both Cha and Pau remembered there's a wine store in that area. Boy was I lucky, the store had one bottle left on their shelf though I was hoping to get two. We then had our usual after dinner coffee and headed home for a much needed rest.

Week-end was the same as the last one, waking up late and doing housework before parking my butt infront of the television for another round of korean drama marathon viewing. First up was Rude Wowen, highly recommended by Charity because "it reminded me of your life" her words not mine.
Inspired by “Desperate Housewives”, Rude Woman tells a story about Mi Joo, a divorcee who seeks revenge on her ex-husband, Jung Suk, a surgeon who had remarried with his beautiful wife, Eun Young and their daughter Ha Na. Mi Joo then meets Rookie, eight years her junior, a former baseball player who happened to be the owner of the house she rents in Korea upon her arrival after 10 years living in U.S with her son, Joon.

It was an interesting drama to watch even though I was not familiar with the stars except for Lee Kiwoo who played the role of Rookie. I can see why Cha thought of me when she watched it because my ex left me for another woman but I survived. Now what is the chance of me meeting a younger guy. I finished watching up to episode 14 up till 4:00 am then finished the last 4 episodes late in the afternoon.

Next up was another korean drama Go To The Beach that stars Charity's dream boy Junjin. This drama is about a hotel’s lifeguards. The story will be based on the love between an illegitimate son, Jang Tae-pung and his half brother (different mothers), Jang Tae-hyun and the hotel owner’s grand daughter, Yoon So-ra.

It felt like an attempt to copy the feel of the US series Baewatch with a more wholesome take. So skimpy bathing suits here for the lead females stars just the rudementary shirt and shorts. I just finished five episodes so I can't tell if it's good but so far I'm entertained enough to pop the next dvd and find what happens to the characters being portrayed.

I have no energy to go out and eat a proper meal today so here's what I had for lunch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what do you think of "Rude Woman?" Is it worth watching? Currently watching "Snow Queen" right now and I gotta say, it's pretty good. Hyun Bin is of course gorgeous in this drama. ^^

Better lay off those crunch missy.. it will go straight to your hips!!! ekkeekkek ^^

Feliss...

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate...mmm. I wouldn't mind substituting that for my meals.

Kim ^^

2:47 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Feliss,

It's worth watching, I too heard about Snow Queen too bad it did not fare well in Korea.

9:30 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Kim,

So you love chocolates too, hehehe....

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter