I'm Single and I'm Happy

Friday, December 15, 2006

Dining With Friends and A Star Sighting

Yesterday was another hectic shopping for christmas day so I just had a small bowl of soup then rushed to the supermarket of a large mall and ordered 6 boxes of grapes and got two more gift baskets for clients. Ordering those items only took me a couple of minutes but arranging for the delivery was another story. It took them forever to process my transaction and after what seemed like eternity to me, I was advised that they will load it immediately and get the goods in 30 minutes...shoot just a few minutes left to do some urgent personal shopping for my sister and my daughter.

So bought the first shirt I saw that looked good enough for my nephew and an exchange gift for my own daughter then hurried back to the office so I can prepare a gate pass for the delivery. One hour passed, then another and soon it was closing time but still no sign of the delivery. I was getting agitated because I'm meeting Cha, Lai and Pau for dinner. My stomach was already making noise from hunger so you can't imagine how happy I was to see the delivery men when they finally arrived .

We originally planned to eat at Han Pao, a chinese restaurant along Shaw Boulevard a good 30 minutes drive from my office but traffic was heavy and we are all hungry so we made a detour to our fave korean restaurant instead. It's been a while since I ate at Minsok, Cha ordered sangyupsal, kimchi chiggae and ojingeo buchimgae (squid pancake)... that's already a lot for 4 people but I had a craving for their yukkaejang kuk (a spicy beef stew) so I ordered one. It was one of the best meals I had in a while, the stew was hot and spicy just the way I love it. And in between we were busy exchanging stories about how our day was, what's the latest from Rizza in Korea and the latest clips we managed to watch on our fave korean stars. Then in came a group of korean businessman with a lady all dressed to the nines. She reminded me of korean singer/actress Uhm Jung Hwa but I knew she's in korea busy promoting her album and her movie with Danniel Henney so I scratched the idea. After they were seated, six bodyguards came in so I thought she might be a wife of a prominent businessman or a diplomat. It was only when we are leaving did we learn that she was indeed an actress in Korea named Hong Jin Hee. But we can't recall reading about her or watching any of her works so we let her be and went on our way. It would have been a different ballgame if one of our fave stars walked in.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are done with Christmas shopping?

feliss..

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holiday time, hectic for everyone. Get some rest and hopefully, you'll get your shopping done!

Kim ^^

8:49 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Not yet, still a lot more things to do.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tick tock, tick tock! Have fun over there getting it done on time. I'm sure you'll pull it off though.

Kim ^^

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter