I'm Single and I'm Happy

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo

Christmas in the Philippines heralds the start of the Metro Manila Film Festival, and like the filmfest in the past expect some good local movies to watch with family and friends. I watched the first film that catched my fancy last night with Lai.

Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo is a film that stars real life sweethearts Ryan Agoncillo (Jed) and Judy Ann (Angie) Santos focuses on the struggles, adjustments and problems encountered by newly married couple.

The plot is pretty simple, two young working people met through a common friend, hit it off instantly and fell madly in love with each other. Then four months into the relationship Jed is being forced by his parents to migrate to the States and the couple finds themselves debating on the merits of their current relationship. On the eve of Jet's departure he suddenly proposed to Angie and she accepted.

The first conflict they have to conquer is how to please both families in the wedding preparation. Jed is from a rich family and his mom wants to invite all their family friends because after all it's the wedding of her only child. Angie is from the province of Cabanatuan, her mom is a barangay kagawad and makes longganisa on the side while is dad is a policeman facing graft and corruption charges. Her parents are separated and his dad is now living with a former prostitute. Two worlds apart and with both parties making demands the couple ended up fighting but managed to get back together and get married without their parents.

Then comes the adjustments couples undergo which we have seen countless times but I have to give props to the cast and the writer for coming up with witty lines that had me laughing hard. Angie then became pregnant and a whole slew of problems pours in...insecurities, sex and womanizing. But in the end like any other feel good love story, love conquers all and the couple reunites and starts over again.

Gina Pareno who appeared as Angie's mom was magnificent all through out the movie. Her one liners are now being infused in everyday filipino dialogues. I was glad she won the best supporting actress trophy or I would have protested along with countless others rooting for her.

Judy Ann Santos also gave a good performance as Angie, I was seeing my sister in her when she talks and talks and talks non-stop.

If you haven't seen the movie yet I suggest you do so. I already seen it twice and I plan to buy the vcd when it comes out.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound like my type of movie since it has a good ending... ekekekk ^^

Feliss..

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems interesting, definitely something I will watch. If only they have it here.

Kim ^^

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter