I'm Single and I'm Happy

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Best Halo-Halo In Town

Liam Fitzpatrick of Time Asia Magazine named Manila Peninsula's "Halo-halo Harana" as the best in town. The said dessert is a must try for everyone who visit the country. It's a welcome relief after spending a few hours in our tropical weather.

Halo-halo is made of shaved ice, egg-yolk custard, chickpeas, sweetened kidney beans, colored gelatin, red, green and white sugar palm, nata de coco (or coconut gel), purple-yam preserve, sago in syrup, jackfruit, makapuno (a rare variety of creamy coconut), purple-yam ice cream, toasted rice crisps, about an inch of evaporated milk and sugar ~ lots of it.

But for me the best and most convenient way to get this treat is from your nearby chinese fastfood "Chowking". Here's a look at their recent
commercial, isn't it tempting?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marissa!! This looks so tempting, I want some too!! Too far away though, might need to swing by Peneng (a Malaysian restaurant here), they have something similar to this but not as much ingredients. But anything will do at this point, especially when it's 100 degree out.

Kim ^^

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that look soooo yummy!!! Make me want one right NOW!!!!!

happybi

11:16 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

I'm sure you'll love it. I know some Filipino restaurants have them on their menu.

10:16 AM  
Blogger charity said...

yes its good and the price is also very good!

I will go for the one from pampanga forgot the name...tet pau help! The one located at market market.

But kidding aside theres a good one in my province too graceland halohalo!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the best kind of dessert. Tasty and the price is reasonable. I mean, I love tiramisu, probably my favorite dessert but it's easily $8 US for a slice whenever it's on the menu and personally, that's a little too much. I can make my own (not AS great) but at least I can eat more than one slice at that point.

11:34 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Razon's at Market, Market. Yup it's one of the best but there are very few outlets here in the city.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

The appearance of halo-halo is what keeps me from trying it...all those shiny colored things, half of which I can't identify. Someone mentioned Razon's earlier. They apparently have a "minimalist" halo-halo that resembles a milkshake. There is even a photo of it on their blog, and it, too, has a caption about being "the best in town".

You guys really are serious about your halo-halo :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Hi corey,you are right on the dot in describing Razon's halo-halo. There are fewer ingredients but still taste great.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter