I'm Single and I'm Happy

Monday, July 24, 2006

Bento Boxes, Green Ice Tea and Kimchi

Erli and I made a date to see each other last Saturday because it's been a while since our last meeting. And because she will be coming from Pampanga we decided to meet late in the afternoon at Powerbooks, Greenbelt. Certified book lovers that we are, you just can't leave the place without buying something and what caught her attention is a book by Prof. Cristina Pantoja-Hidalgo entitled "Skyscrapers, Celadon and Kimchi". It's a autobiographical/travel journal of her three-and-a-half years stay in South Korea with her husband who works for UNICEF. I grabbed my own copy and then we proceeded to nearby Glorietta because she's craving for japanese food. We ended up having our early dinner here at Sakura



with me having a chicken teppanyaki bento meal while she ordered one with ebi tempura served with green ice tea (forgot to take a photo though).

We were so engrossed with our conversation that we were oblivious to the heavy rain pouring outside. I'm always grateful that I have friends who may differ in a lot of ways from me but still take the time to keep in touch and spend a few hours of their very hectic schedule to assure one another that we are just here for each other. I just wish that next time other bae sisters can join us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
Ameritis retirement plan participant 401k laws resources hewitt 401k Como lake cruises Xanax vs buspar drug info phentermine

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter