I'm Single and I'm Happy

Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Valentine Movie Marathon

My V-day celebration started two days ago (13th) when Charity and I decided to watch the last screening of The Holiday at Greenbelt 3. We have seen the trailer a few months back and almost forgot about it, luckily we passed by the same place a few hours before and saw that it was still showing so we made a date to meet later that evening.

If you just want to be entertained for a few hours then the movie is worth your time. It helps that the two woman portrayed in the movie are both in their 30's so we can relate. The plot is simple enough, they both needed a break from their lives and upon searching the internet Amanda (Cameron) from L.A. found a vacation home exchange site and decided there and then to exchange houses with Iris (Kate) from Surrey in London. The movie's timeline is just two weeks and in that span of time they both managed to make some sense of their problems and fall in love. Charity and I kept gushing on how good Jude Law appears on the screen. Jack Black was also witty without overacting. It was officially Valentine's Day when we left the movie house at 1:00am.

The rest of the day was just like any other day. I heard mass during my lunch break and then met Charity and Pau after work. Dinner was burger and fries from Hungry Hippo, the food was highly recommended by Charity because she usually dines there when she was still staying in Batangas City.
And for dessert we had Mango Bravo from Conti's Bakeshop. A side story on the cake, Cha waited a good hour and a half just to get her hands on that cake. Apparently it's a best seller and yesterday being Valentine's there were more people making their way to their place to give the cake as a gift. As you can see on the photo it was big, I still have some left at home.


Before and after shots of the Mango Bravo

Our original plan was to watch The Curse of the Golden Flower but when I searched the net on the screening time and movie houses that still screens it here in Makati it was no longer available so we opted to watch Music and Lyrics instead. With just a few minutes to spare before the movie starts we rushed to Greenbelt 3 but almost all the seats were taken the few left are miles apart so we decided to check Greenbelt 1 instead. Good thing we managed to get seated together before the movie started.


For those who lived through the 80's you will find the movie very entertaining cause you just can't help but think of the good old days. We think we were the only ones laughing like crazy when the first scene showed Hugh Grant's character singing and acting in a music video that has all the vibes of the 80's british boyband videos ~ tight pants, glittery belts and weird hairdo's. Check the video yourself...

He's a former singer of an 80's boybond Pop but lost his career when his partner suddenly went solo. He's given another chance to revive his career when he was asked to compose a song for Cora the new music icon that looks like a hybrid of Madonna, Britney and Christina. He was only given 36 hours to do the song but with the help of Drew Barrymore they managed to do it. I won't say more so as not to spoil it for others but we went home still singing a few lines from the movie and promised ourselves to buy a dvd so we can watch it again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I WANT A PIECE (MAKE IT 2) OF THAT CAKE!!!!!! Look soooooo yummy!!!!...

Music and Lyrics...want to see that movie..Saw the trailer on TV and it looks funny. ^^

Sound like you gals had a great V-Day..!! as for my hubby and I.. we shoveled about 7 inches of snow after being stuck in traffic for an hour heading home. ekekekeke fun fun I would say. ^^

Feliss..

8:32 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

If we could only send it to you in an instant, you'll get a whole cake and not just a slice.

Still snowing, take care not to catch cold.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It has stopped snowing but still very cold over here. Took us about 1.5 hour to shoveled all the snow and that's with the help of a snow blower! I have a pretty good immune system so rarely get sick.. My hubby is different story and man I hate taking care of him when he is SICK!!!..

A whole cake... hmmmmmm getting fat just thinking about it. ekekekkeke..

Feliss.. ^^

8:39 PM  
Blogger Shells Bells said...

I watched The Holiday this weekend too. Did you really like it? I did but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

That burger looks so freaking amazing I want to hop on a plane to the Philippines right now!!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

The Holidays was ok for me because I just want something to entertain me but not that great to leave a mark in my mind.

That burger is really delicious and cheap too.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pau: ekekekekekekk you are too funny!! BiKyo's madness has definitely gotten to you!!! ^^ With the both of us freezing our butt off.. it was definitely not romantic. ekeekekkekekekek

Feliss..

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter