I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Surviving Valentine's Day


Just a few hours more and it's the dreaded time of the year, at least for unattached male or female out there. Yes, it's that time when that cute cherub makes an appearance everywhere your eyes may lay upon. From those hallmark cards in bookstores, to those decorations in malls and restaurants that you frequent. It's enevitable, Valentine's Day is here whether we like it or not. Not that I'm sourgraping but ever since I can remember I'm not too fond of Valentine's. In fact I don't recall ever agreeing on a date that falls on the red day itself. I'd rather have dinner or movies with my girlfriends that join the throngs of lovers holding hands and having a romantic dinner with candlelights. I'd rather go out with a significant other before or after the 14th. So how to I plan to co-exist with those lovers doing their thing tomorrow? The same as the years gone by, having dinner with friends or we may even sing our hearts out at a karaoke joint. Or for others out there why not have a party at home with your friends and do a movie marathon while pigging on junk food and all the alcoholic beverages you can imagine. It's just one day after all, it will soon pass.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not a big fan of Valentine day myself. Just think it's a day where flower/candy store are out to make alot of money from people.

Valentine day is just enough day for us.. we just bum home and watch tv and enjoy each other company! ^^ But it is a very good excuse for me to request a cake to celebrate as I love dessert! ekekekekkeek

Feliss ^^

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahah..Valentine is just a marketing strategy to get people to pay pay and pay some more. For me, every day should be Valentine, shouldn't need a particular day to make it any special.

Kim ^^

12:19 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

I love desserts too and that's the reason why I can't lose weight.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter