I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Art of Writing Letters

With a cough and a headache still throbbing, it was a blessing to just go home early and just lounge around the house. The problem was there's nothing really interesting to watch, I don't follow the local dramas being aired nor do I take notice of game shows so I decided to organize my closet instead. Stuck at the back of my overflowing dresser is a bag full old letters that I received through the years...cards written by my best friend in grade school. Letters and cards from suitors during high school and college, my friends and office mates, and those from the men in my life. It was a treasure box full of memories.

I started going through each and every letter in that bag. From their thoughtful holiday greetings to warm greetings on the birthday. There are letters that updates me on what's happening in their lives beautifully written on stationery's to short notes to comfort me when they know that I'm feeling down.

And of course those love letters that guys give to you to confess their feelings. I had to smile when I imagine how much effort it took for some of them to write what they want to say because they are not comfortable in expressing their thoughts in writing and committing them on paper.

Sadly our modern world riddled with text messages, email and online cards make the art of handwritten letters sealed in an envelope a lost art. I know I'm also guilty of making an excuse that I don't have the time and that emails are faster anyway. But looking through each and every handwritten letters that I have last night is inspiring me to pick up my pen and just write a note to my family and friends after all Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

With emails being so convinenet, it's really hard to pick up a pen.

Maybe it's time to start....

Feliss.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a lot of old letters/cards in my house as well. I'm very relunctant to throw any of them out. Many memories. I made good used of my old shoe boxes now. Kept all of this in them.

Kim ^^

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter