I'm Single and I'm Happy

Monday, February 12, 2007

Busy, busy weekend

We had another successful fun meet for Rain last Saturday but that story belongs to my other blog, what happens before that and after deserves a space here. Let me recall what my weekend was like...ok we checked in some of our things at the venue last Friday night before having dinner at San Juanito's Panciteria because Pau is craving for pansit (stir fried noodles). You have to pass by their bakeshop before entering the dining hall and their no bake freezer cakes looked so delicious we decided to sample them for dessert. Their oatmeal cookies were to my liking too, crisp and thin yummy! We finalized our plans for the following day over coffee before heading to our respective homes.

I hit the supermarket before 9:00 am to get the ingredients for spaghetti that I volunteered to prepare. Then my mom helped me to prep the ingredients so I can be done cooking before 2:00pm. Good thing Kharen came over to our house so I have help in transporting the food to the venue, 4 kilos of pasta and and 2 overnite bags are just too much for me to handle alone.

The started serving food by 4:30 in the afternoon and after an hour we had the program proper that ended after 2 hours. Then it was time to chill out and enjoy the rest of the night. Alternating between two units I chatted with members who were staying for the night because they are from far-away places. One even flew in from Davao bearing with sweet lanzones and durian tarts and candies as gifts. We also have 3 bottles of red wine to share amongst us to loosen up the mood and late into the night our japanese sister Hiroko came back and bought half a dozen San Miguel Super Dry beer which we chilled in the freezer for a good 30 minutes before drinking. The beer made me so relaxed I was one of the first who called it a night at one in the morning, Rizza, Chie and Pau were last at five in the morning.

We stayed until late in the afternoon yesterday as we were still exchanging stories and making plans for the next event. Then it's back home for everyone, till next event...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

5:00 AM!!!! amazing....

Glad you gals have fun!!! Thanks for sharing!

Feliss. ^^

8:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! Would love to try it myself..yummy!

Kim ^^

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter