I'm Single and I'm Happy

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Last Supper


israel11
Originally uploaded by marissa_p.
After walking down that long downhill road featured in my previous blog entry we came upon the Church of All Nation in Gethsemani.

The Church was huge and packed with a lot of pilgrims from other countries. Inside is a beautiful painting of Jesus praying in the Garden before Judas betrayed him. The rock depicted in the picture is enshrined inside the church. I couldn't resist to have my picture with the enclosed olive tree said to be more than 2000 years old. It was already alive during the time of Jesus and is still standing strong and proud to this day.

After a long leausurely lunch, we then proceeded the the room where the Last Supper was held. A bare, simple room that bore witness to a miracle of the wine and bread that symbolize the body and blood of our Savior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter