I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On Auto-Pilot

I've been functioning on auto-pilot for a couple of days now. Mom got a serious case of an upset stomach since friday and I hardly got any sleep to check on her. I cancelled my appointment for the following day so I can have her checked by a doctor and confirmed that she may have drank unsafe water. You know how hard it is for elders to get sick, their bodies have a harder time coping with the loss of fluid and since her food intake was limited she felt weaker by the days end.

I'm blessed to have her with me since I'm a working mom and one gets to realize it more in moments such as these. I'm dead tired on a Saturday - my day of relaxation and dread the following day. Thank God for cofee and The Wedding (a korean drama series) for keeping me company as I take care of my mom during the wee hours of the morning. What a relief that she's getting better and her IV was removed yesterday.

Now it's my daughter's turn to deprive me of sleep. Try cross stitching in the middle of the night so she can rest after a whole day of school and be able to submit her project on time. Aahh, the pains of motherhood.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter