I'm Single and I'm Happy

Monday, April 03, 2006

My Ode To Goong (Princess Hours)

Goong is a korean tv series adaptation of a manhwa written by Park So Hee about a promise between the former king of Korea and an ordinary, strong-willed girl's grandfather, the heroine finds herself betrothed to a seemingly cold-hearted prince of Korea. How can she marry a guy who she overheard him proposing to another girl! Both unwilling parties agree to the marriage, each with his and her own different motivations for the agreement to marry. Sounds cheesy but since I'm bored and I'm not in a mood to watch a drama series I checked it out.


The main casts are all newbies in the acting world with the lead actor Joo Ji Hoon enjoying his status as one of Koreans top runway and cover model while the lead actress Yoo Eun Hye is a former member of a korean girl group Baby VOX. Quite a high risk and I read MBC received a lot of negative comments when they initially made the final casting.

Since I was in for the laugh I enjoyed the first few episodes and find the story and the cast cute. I sensed a great chemisty between the two stars and slowly I found myself getting addicted to the drama and can't wait for episode spoilers and screencaps from a korean thread I frequent. Then I started watching it even without an english subtitle. Yeah, I can pick up a few phrases here and there but I do get the essense of the story by just watching all the action on the screen.
The writers were good in getting us to be so involved with the emotional highs and lows of the drama that there are instances when you want to whack them in the head for creating certain senarios.

Sadly, last week saw the ending of my current korean obsession. It may not be on top of my list when it comes to overall excellence in production value nor will I say that the acting was one of the best but certainly it will remain as one that I will repeat over and over again just because......

And it does not hurt that it has one of the best kissing scenes I've ever seen for a korean series see for yourself. Makes me wonder if those two have something going on after being together for seven months. They sure made a lot of us hope so but I seriously doubt that they will admit to dating to avoid what koreans refer to as a "scandal" though it's just normal in my side of the world.

Good thing Season 2 is in the works even if I have to wait till February 2007. Just hoping they have the original casts back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mayet said...

So, where do we start? Hehe. Life's sooo hard after Goong! Jeez! We're totally screwed hahaha! Lee Shin Goong! Waaaaaaaaaah!

1:43 PM  
Blogger charity said...

this series is really killing me...i cant even move on to another series because i cant get out of it! The same feeling was felt when i watched full house ..Jewel in the palace and now...GOOONG!

You bet i also need to enhance my patience! Feb 2007 i hope it will be tomorow!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Cheap prepaid calling card 20 http://www.slot-machines-3.info/Computers-and-technology-law-firm.html New eczema cream Da-5020 hepa filter camping cooking campfire recipes Ir stainless steel recessed hand dryers computers internet searching nude camping ohio Foam mattress memory pad Treating viruses with acyclovir babies Poster or digital printing undefined Vector permanent hair removal electrolysis system

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter