I'm Single and I'm Happy

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Road To Palm Sunday

Yesterday marked the start of the Lenten Season for Christians all over the world.

Here is the Philippines, church goes bring palm leaves to commemorate the entrance of Jesus to Jerusalem. The leaves are then blessed and placed on windows of houses.

Palm Sunday also signals the start of the traditional "Pabasa" in almost all street corners around the country. A book about Jesus Christ written in Tagalog is read in a rhyming fashion. The book starts with a prayer to the Blessed Virgin, continues to the reading of creation (Genesis) and ends with a message to all Christians regarding repentance and salvation of the world. The focus, however, is the life of Jesus Christ with emphasis on his sufferings, death and resurrection. This is done non-stop until 3:00pm of Good Friday. I haven't participated in the actual "reading" but I grew up helping the elders in our community set up the altar.

Last night, I remembered my own pilgrimage to the Holy Land. I was blessed to be able to see the birthplace of Jesus Christ my Savior. As we observe the Lenten Season I am devoting my blog in remembering my own journey through photographs starting with the Road to Palm Sunday.


israel1
Originally uploaded by marissa_p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter