I'm Single and I'm Happy

Monday, June 19, 2006

Life's Simple Pleasures

I've beent tagged by fellow blogger Ji-in in one of her entries and since I enjoyed reading her response I'm sharing my own list here.

"Instructions: Name 10 of life's simple pleasures that you like the most, then pick 10 people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used."

1. A cup of coffee in the morning - There’s something about the smell of a freshly brewed coffee that perks me up instantly, and since I hate waking up early it’s a must for me. It’s also a perfect nightcap while watching TV, reading a book or just chatting with a friend.

2. Massage – Preferably a full body massage after a very tiring day with the smell of lavender oil permeating the air.

3. Letters - Gone were the days when we actually to the post office to send cards and letters to friends and loved ones. Now most of the time messages are sent through email or short notes through our mobile phones sms features. I have a bag full of all the letters, cards and short notes with the oldest dating back to my elementary days from my Fil-American best friend Aimee Harris.

4. 80’s music - My memories of my high school life will never be complete without the music from that era. Be it from our local singers to those foreign icons like Madonna and M.J. I can even remember the lyrics of those songs when they play it over the airwaves during the week-end.

5. Nestles Crunch – my all-time fave chocolate bar. I like hearing the crunch as you take a bite. Too bad I’m now watching my calories so I’m limiting myself to just one bar a month instead of one bar everyday.

6. Books - Good thing I come from a family who loves to read so it was easy to pick-up the habit. Try looking under my pillow and most likely you’ll see a paperback, a magazine or the latest issue of Reader’s Digest.

7. A Walk in the Park - I love the leisurely walk in parks early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Just looking at the greens relaxes my mind from the stress of everyday life.

8. Minsok Restaurant – I’ve met and developed a bonding with a group of wonderful people while eating in this Korean barbeque Restaurant. Walking inside is like being transported to Korea with majority of the people eating being Koreans now living in the country and the spices are not toned-down to suit the Filipino taste. And it never hurts that the couple who owns the place always welcome your presence with a genuine smile.

9. Chicken Arrozcaldo – My favorite comfort food! I crave it especially when there’s a heavy downpour or when I don’t feel well. Compared to the other porridge served by the Chinese, arrozcaldo has a more intense flavor from the yellow ginger and the chicken.

10. A long hot shower - I live in the tropics so yes having a shower is heaven for me. In fact I can stay there forever during the summer months. I love the smell of soap clinging to my skin just before hitting the bed.

That wasn't so hard, now my dillema is who to tag since I'm not sure who among my blogger friends actually visit this page. So guys and gals be a sport, it's your turn to share something about yourself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, Nestle's Crunch! Now I'm craving chocolate. :-)

12:01 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Hi Ji-in,

Glad you went to check if I really did my list. I'm hoping my other chinggus will start their own list soon.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Flor said...

will start the list as soon as i get the chance.

12:46 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Thanks chingu, hope to see your list once you get over that angst you have.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter