I'm Single and I'm Happy

Monday, April 17, 2006

A Day In Corregidor - Getting There

I have made no plans for the holy week and intended to stay home but my best-friend is feeling kinda restless and decided she wants to see Corregidor and wants yours truly to join her so we can have our "chats" about life and love. How can I refuse her and her moments of "insanity" (joke dear).

Tuesday had me running to a mall to get one of those "big" shades that happens to be a must have accessory this summer and I did promise some lovely gals in baeland that I will have my picture taken wearing one. While strolling around I ended up buying a comfy capri that happens to be on sale, then some shirts (you can't have too much). All the walking made me hungry so off to Lord Stows Bakery for those freshly baked tarts.

Early Saturday morning we boarded Sun Cruises 2 for our day trip to Corregidor also known as The Rock. An tadpole-shaped island between the shores of Bataan and Cavite where one of the most celebrated battles of World War II took place.




The entire trip lasted a little over an hour but you will be entertained with a film clip on the history of the island and some funny anecdotes from Ramon one of the tour guides. I was seated between my best friend and a japanese tourist who is one of the few who went on the trip alone. Upon arriving at the North Dock of the island we boarded one of the eight pre-war type streetcars called “tramvias” which will be our mode of transportation around the Corregidor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter