I'm Single and I'm Happy

Friday, October 06, 2006

My Heart Is Breaking for Ate H

Woke up early in the morning and was surprised when the eldest sister of my brother-in-law came to our house crying. She just got a call from their youngest sister, a nurse working in UK who happens to be real close to us and especially to me cuz she took care of me when I was hospitalized for a month a few years ago. Ate H has been confined to the hospital last Tuesday and the finding is bone cancer which is also causing her liver to fail. They have been trying to reach their house and ours for the past 3 days but because of the storm all the phone lines are still out of order and the signal of our mobile phones are still erratic. It breaks our heart because it's impossible for us to be there for her like she's been there for us. Getting a visa here is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I know she longs for her family here because her husband is emotionally weak and she needs somebody to draw strength from. She is also thinking about the two very young daughters that she will leave behind. Now we are debating if we should tell her very old and sickly parents about her condition. We know they have a right to know but then we are also afraid that that it may be too much for them to handle.

I know God has plans for all of us so I'm praying that he give us strength to see this through. But right now all I can do is cry for a sister and a friend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sorry to hear about this! Please be strong because you will need it to see this through. We'll all pray for her!!

happybi

10:55 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Thanks feliss, we appreciate all the prayers.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the fight! I'm sure all will be fine.

Kim

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter