I'm Single and I'm Happy

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Finally We're Back In Civilization

Five days of not having a good nights sleep was taking it's toll on me and I felt I was walking in air on my way home last night and we were told that I still have to endure it for four more days. I now look like a panda and since coffee is the only thing keeping we awake having a decent conversation with me is out of the question. On the way home I was already contemplating on taking up the offer of Charity to go to her house and iron some clothes, see I don't have any pressed clothes to wear to work and I hate the thought of going out looking like a flat iron is running after you. But lo and behold! As I approached our barangay I saw the houses are now with electricity. I was so surprised I asked a random guy standing near the security house how long ago was the power back. He said since lunchtime except for your street(you can imagine how my face sagged) and seeing my disappointment, he laughed and said good thing they fixed the problem an hour ago. I could have kicked him in the butt if I have some energy left in me but I just let it pass and walked a few blocks home. I had a quick shower and hit the bed for my first deep and restful sleep in like ages. If not for work I could have slept for another day. Thinking back, such experiences can humble you ~ exposing our inadequacies, our dependencies and our helplessness when nature becomes a determined foe. It made me realize how vulnerable I've become when faced with hardships, hopefully next time I'll be more accepting, flexible and prepared.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi Marissa, I'm glad everything is almost OK for you, now you can rest quietly in your house.
Home, sweet home again !

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really glad things are OK with you gals. Really hoping that will be the last one but if I remembered correctly, you said there might be two more typhoon coming before it will end right?

Please stay safe!!!

happybi.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter