I'm Single and I'm Happy

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Let There Be Light

To those who are checking this humble blog sorry if I've been remiss in my postings. Our country just had another typhoon last Thursday and Metro Manila (our capital) suffered a direct hit. Good thing my boss told me not to go to work that day since it was already announced that the typhoon will make a direct hit by lunchtime. True enough cause a few hours later we were battered by winds so strong that branches of the santol tree in our neighors house came flying by narrowly missing my window. Then a tree in front of our house began swaying, and we started predicting if it will hit our house or the one next to us. It ended up in between, with some branches resting on one of our bedroom window.

Two days after, the tree is still left uncut, we have no telephone service, an erratic water supply and no electricity until Monday. OMG!!! I'm going nuts!!!

All condotels, apartelles and hotels near us are fully booked so we have no choice but stay home. We are back to using flashlights and candles at night and with no means of passing time but by listening to music using a battery operated radio. I haven't got a decent sleep for 3 days now and I don't know how can I bear it for two more days.

Even the business district where my office is located was not spared. Traffic was so heavy because there were a lot of fallen trees and other debris along the road. The building is using a generator so we are left with just one elevator working. The power supply was so erratic I can't barely go online. I just hope they can restore the power by Monday.

Thank God that a part of a mall here in Makati had their power restored this afternoon so I'm taking advantage of their free aircon. How I wish I can stay here overnight.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Shells Bells said...

I'm glad you are okay! I saw the damage on the news it's horrible :(

9:01 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

There's news that another one is approaching soon, hope it won't be as strong as the last one. Still no power, I have a major headache from lack of sleep.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another typhoon!!!! My lord you guys have about 3 this year already no? Another one coming soon!! I really hope that will be the last one and that it won't be as strong as this one!!.. At least people are safe right?

Good luck over there and stay safe okie!!

happybi

4:24 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Thanks feliss, I'm really keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the storm will not hit us.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it easy over there Marissa. Hopefully, this will be the last one. Enough already!

Be safe.

Kim ^^

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter