I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Whale Watching In Gold Coast

My fave aunt & uncle in Gold Coast decided to go whale watching last week and sent me loads of photos. It was their long overdue birthday celebration ~ they had to postpone their earlier date due to bad weather. Why go whale watching when the whales aren't there, defeats the purpose right. Anyway, I chose a few to share here with their blessings of course.

a humpback whale breaking the surface expelling air

Another one swimming near their boat

The whales comes from Antarctica and they migrate north to Queensland each year to warmer waters to give mate, give birth and then they travel back to the souithern waters to feed. What a sight to behold. I hope I can visit Donsol, a province south of the country to have the same experience.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never understand people's desire to go whale watching. Probably because I have never seen it myself and doesn't realize how beautiful it is. Thank you for sharing the photos, I now know why there is such interest.

Kim ^^

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!!

happybi

4:32 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Kim,

I guess it's just that, the desire to connect with a very powerful creature. Glad you liked the photos. Same goes to feliss.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter