I'm Single and I'm Happy

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Of Friends and Lovers

They say that the core of true friendship--a deep and resounding commitment to love someone unconditionally--could lay the groundwork for a lasting relationship. Nurturing a relationship to the next level is easier since familiarity is already given. But what if the relationship fails? Can we be friends with our lovers.....

Blame my Oprah moment on a drama series I watched last night. There was a scene where one of the actors asked if it's really possible for ex-lovers to be friends. There is no textbook answer to this one and I know majority will say no and with logical explanations on why it can never be possible. But there are those who like me and R, managed to stay as good friends after a difficult break-up. Of course we kept our distance for a while to heal our wounds but we have been part of each others lives for a long time that it's a waste to throw everything away.

It's nice to have someone I can count on to give me a straight forward answers when I need a man's perspective on certain matters. He is frank enough to say if I'm being stubborn and irrational and kind enough to listen and comfort me when I'm really down. I know he also feels the same way and is one with me in wishing we can always remain as friends.

One thing I learned is that there is no forever no matter how hard we wish for it. We all have to appreciate and cherish what we have NOW for we can never know what tomorrow has in store for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter